This is my homemade satay tofu recipe ~ a super tasty meal without the high calories that it would usually come with! This recipe is designed to serve 2.
You’ll need a good non-stick pan along with the following ingredients:
>>250g tofu (I use firm but whichever you prefer)
>>250g cauliflower rice
>>250g zucchini noodles
>>1 stalk of spring onion
>>pinch of chicken salt
25g natural peanut butter
3 tbs soy sauce (gf)
1 tbs Ayam lite sweet chilli
1. Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and mix in a bowl with all sauce ingredients.
Cover and sit in fridge to marinate for 20-30 min.
2. Pre-heat a good non-stick pan to medium heat and add marinated tofu, stir occasionally
3. Once half cooked, add the cauliflower rice & chicken salt
Stir and combine well with the tofu pieces and slightly increase the heat.
4. Continue stirring occasionally for approx 5 minutes and then add the zucchini noodles (drain well in paper towel prior).
5. (optional) Once noodles, tofu and rice are cooked through – turn heat to high for 30 seconds and stir frequently, allowing tofu and rice to crisp up!
6. Serve in a bowl with spring onion as garnish. Feel free to add some chilli flakes for a bit of a kick!